Dr. Simon Simonsen is an associate professor at University College Absalon.
Since 1993 being a teacher, researcher, consultant or manager.
As a freshly educated candidate in philosophy my academic work was embedded in sociology & public health.
In my university employment I held these positions:
- Post.Doc. Department of Psychology and E. S. Health Promotion & Health Strategies.
- Research Fellow at Faculty of Health Sciences, Social Studies in Medicine.
- Research Assistent at The Faculty of Health.
- Research Assistent at Institute of Public Health.
- Fellow at the Center for Suicide Research (Funded by the Ministry of Social Affairs).
In my university college employment I held these positions:
- Head of department / manager.
- Deputy head / staffmanager.
- Head of researchprogram (with focus on Continuity of care and Health Technology in the primary and secondary health sector).
- Special Officer at Faculty of Health and Technology.
- Special Officer at Center for Urban Health.
- Associate professor at Citizen & Health.
- Assistant professor, Sociology of Health.
- Assistant professor, Sociology of medicine.
International experience (aggregated approx. one year):
- Visiting Scholar at Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Charité – Universitätsmedizin, Germany.
- Visiting Scholar at UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles), School of Public Health, USA.
- Visiting Scholar at University of Western Sydney, School of Sciences and Health, Australia.